Welcome to the Upper Canada Organic Products online store!
Here you are able to purchase any of our products at your convenience and in case packs for big discounts.
A sleek, new, innovative and effective bed bug monitor to assist in the battle against bed bugs 24/7
- Protection from bed bugs entering your bed.
- Capture any bugs leaving your bed.
- Cost effective.
- Discreet square design.
- No chemicals!
- Perfect for apartments, institutions, dormitories, hotels and homes.
The Bed Moat is a square monitor.
The device’s outer size is 12 cm x 12 cm
The inner moat, where the leg of furniture will be placed in, is 10 cm x 10 cm.
The height is 2.5 cm
Incorporate The Bed Moat as part of an early detection program for bed bugs.
The Bed Moat should be installed as a preventative measure for a cost effective treatment before an infestation breaks out.
Reassuring in post-treatment, The Bed Moat determines the success of the treatment or continues in identifying areas that require ongoing attention.
Early monitoring is crucial in controlling Bed Bugs
We are very anxious about the spread of bed bugs into their homes, workplaces and schools. Only one bed bug, a pregnant female, is all that is needed to cause an infestation. Waiting until the remnants of a blood meal are on your sheet or pillow is not necessary to know that professional help is needed.
The cost of bed bug treatments can soar depending on the amount of bugs present and may get to a point where teams of professionals and many thousands of dollars are needed to control the problem. Using a simple monitor is a cost effective solution. The Bed Moat fits under the leg of your bed and captures bed bugs entering for a blood meal. This monitor will also catch bed bugs exiting after feeding. The Bed Moat captures bugs in its hyper polished moat. This type of monitor is extremely cost effective in numerous places including homes, dormitories, apartments, hotels, and club houses. Using a passive monitor is excellent in keeping your pest control company in check as once a place has been treated, a simple monitor, The Bed Moat, keeps guard if any bed bugs were missed during the treatment. One of the most frequent calls to a pest control company is for bed bugs. Most charge to come out for an inspection and using a dog for this initial step can cost $300. 00 or more. Knowing one has bed bugs can reduce this initial cost. At approximately $20.00 per bed this will notify if further treatments are needed before an infestation is present.
Suggestion: Good advice is to make your bed an island, leaving a bed bug’s only passage to the blood meal (YOU!) through The Bed Moat monitor. The Bed Moat will trap any bed bugs that want to take this journey but unknowingly this trip becomes a travel of death. The use of mattress encasements is also highly recommended, giving one a sound sleep after dealing with this scourge.
DIRECTIONS FOR USE
What are these devices and why are they installed under bed and furniture legs?
- The Bed Moat® bed bug monitors are an essential part of every bed bug control program; they allow you to monitor bed bug activity.
- The Bed Moat® innovative design captures bed bugs leaving and/or coming into your bed.
- Every bed bug that is in captured in the Bed Moat® is one less bug that can feed on a person.
How to install:
- The Bed Moat® monitors should be placed under each leg of the furniture where people sleep, rest or spend several hours a day (beds, couches, office chairs, arm chairs, etc.). The leg of the furniture should rest in the centre well of the device.
- Create an island by not letting any items hang off of the bed (i.e. comforters, sheets, clothes, etc…) or furniture and touch the floor at any point during the day or night. Move the bed and furniture away from the wall so there are no “bridges” for bed bugs to access a person other than through the Bed Moat®
- The Bed Moat® should remain in place for a minimum of 30 days to assist in monitoring for bed bugs, however it is recommended that you keep it indefinitely for continuous bed bug monitoring.
- Furniture should continue to be pulled away from the wall and do not allow any objects on furniture or any bedding to contact the floor or wall.
- The Bed Moat® should be checked on a regular basis for bed bugs. The outer moat will contain bed bugs that are approaching the bed/furniture from room. The inner well will contain bed bugs climbing down from the bed/furniture.
- To remove bed bugs from device use a cotton ball with a small amount of cornstarch; Place the cotton ball and bed bug in a sealed plastic bag and immediately dispose in an outside container.
- Check the Bed Moat® devices periodically to make sure that they have not become or compromised in any way. If there is any sign of the device being cracked or broken; remove the device with care from under the legs of the furniture, as there may be bed bugs in it. Immediately place the device in a sealed plastic bag and immediately dispose in an outside container. Replace with a new device.
Discarding Bed Moat® after installation:
- The Bed Moat® may contain live bed bugs. Therefore it is extremely important to handle the devices carefully to avoid coming into contact with live bed bugs.
- Before removing the devices, have several plastic bags ready for The Bed Moat®. Once the device is placed in bag, seal immediately and dispose in an outside container.
- For ongoing monitoring for bed bugs it is recommended that new devices be installed under the furniture/bed legs.